Sunday, March 30, 2014

Fast Food 5k!!!

 
This evening I dusted off one of my old favorite routes, the ol' Fast Food 5k.
 
 

Fast Food 5k
I came up with this name when I was feeling kinda down one day about going way off the path with my dining habits; I had traded in Panera for burgers. Not all the time, mind you, just enough cheating to start feeling it. Then, during a 3 mile run that night, I realized I had passed two McDs, a Dunkin Donuts, and a Wendys. Thus the route was named.
 
Now when I run it I am reminded of how strong I know I can be. Plus it has some small hills, little traffic, and almost a figure-eight quality which means if I run by other lovely runners, there is a good chance I'll see them again 20 minutes later.
 
So, I encourage all of you to create your own Fast Food 5k. Remind yourself as you flit by just how strong and amazing you are!
 
By the way, yes I do still occasionally have yummy salty fries! Only human!
 
 
 
 
Of course, as always, you can help others feel strong and amazing too! Help out my campaign for Team Fox at www2.michaeljfox.org/goto/RunningArts 
 
Then your only job is to copy the link and pass it along to end Parkinson's!

No comments:

Post a Comment