Monday, May 26, 2014

Rising Eagles!

My Vintage '93 Eagle Scout Ribbon w/ Gold Palm


In some ways I felt guilty about being on vacation, and being lucky enough to spend time with so many loved ones. Our family hasn't been untouched by strife, but we definitely, as a whole, do not take enough time to celebrate the little things along with the big events.



The Eagle Candidate is Prepared!

This past week has seen my oldest nephew graduate high school, go through his Eagle Scout ceremony, his mother, my Sister, celebrate her birthday, and my youngest nephew as King Triton in his school play. In attendance for all has also been uncles and aunts and a stack of Grandparents. All focused on those big events, but also trying so hard to celebrate the smallest accomplishments.


My mother, an amazing painter, was just commissioned, by the city of Gainesville, to paint a portrait of a fallen serviceman for whom the new station is being named. My Dad, still rather wobbly, is up and moving around, and smiling to be in such a beautiful part of the country. The rest of us, I believe, are truly just happy to observe the tribulations.


Smallest Oconee Bluegill Ever
For me, when I am asked why I'm always happy or optimistic I say it's because of these little things. Of course I am always proud of my family's accomplishments, but I'm also happy for the small victories. I love the sunshiny days on the lake, or now that it's clouding up, I'm happy cause the fish are gonna start biting. Moreover, I'm pleased to share those things with my nephews and parents while we all have this opportunity. Perhaps that is the real reason my Dad is smiling lately, cause he has always known the value of relaxing and letting the world bring happiness to those who are ready to discover it!




My Brother empowers the Trident
So why share this now? Well, without too much grandeur, when I run and hit the wall, I try to find the things that are going well, perhaps my knee isn't acting up, or perhaps it is noticing the ancient bricks I'm treading on are the same as the ones in St. Augustine and Greenwich Village. Further, and more to the point, There are only so many days in this fight against Parkinson's. I can continue a campaign every year if needed, but for my father, his battle is going to be so much shorter, so I'm glad we all get to see him smile!




If this sounds familiar, or if you believe the same way that I do, then please donate now to this Team Fox campaign! We are getting closer every day, and we need your help!!!



Thank You!!











No comments:

Post a Comment